We're getting there

Goodness me, dearest Pretty Crafty Homers, here we are at the penultimate PCH post of the year.  Things are coming along nicely here and I hope you've managed to make a bit of progress in your homestead too.

I haven't managed to get an awful lot done this month, but I do have a little something to show you.  It's the neglected old wash basket from my bathroom.  Many moons ago, this used to be housed in my bedroom and as the bedroom was lilac at the time, so the basket was too.  Although it has long since made the move, it's colouring remains completely unchanged and completely out of keeping with the aqua and blue of the bathroom.



Finally, finally then, I've done something about it.  You know, that is the wonderful thing about this little project.  The satisfaction of crossing these ancient and nearly forgotten items off the list is huge and if it wasn't for the fact that I felt compelled to keep coming back here to report to you how I've been getting on, I'm sure half of them would still be undone now.  You don't know how much you've helped me in getting these long awaited ticks.

But, back to the basket.  I'd already made a liner for it, back in the days when I'd painted it lilac, so really, only some modification was called for.  I decided to use the same fabrics as I'd used for my bathroom bunting.  An effort to 'pull it all together' as interior designing types say.


It was quite a quick task once I got started, it was only really half-term that stopped me getting it finished sooner.  The old liner had never fit particularly well, always laying awkwardly at the corners.  So I trimmed it down and added a little patchwork with ties instead.


It lays quite nicely now, so the lid will sut down much better than it used to.  Yes, a big improvement all round, I'd say.

So there you have it, my made over bathroom wash basket:

It's not an awful lot to show for a whole months work, but something is undoubtedly better than nothing at all.

So, what about the month ahead? Well, as usual at this time of year, the dark shadow of winter seems to be looming.  The clocks going back always has that 'winter drawing in' effect on me.  So, after a jolly half-term...

...filled alternatively with playing around in the dark and then snuggling up in the warm again, my thoughts are turning to preparations for the 'Big C'!  I'm so excited (as usual) and I have a dozen or more ideas in my head, which I doubt I'm going to have time to do, but we'll see how it goes.  I'm looking forward to playing with these though...



Yes, I can't wait to get started in fact.  That's my plan for November then, getting the house ready for Christmas.  We're to be the hosts this year so I want everything to be cozy, comfy, happiness and cheer.  Some hand made touches are definitely called for.   What about you?  Are you making plans yet?

Just in case you don't share my mania for Christmas and can't bear to think about it just yet, how about preparing your house for winter?  Cozy blankets, soft cushions, pretty potholders for those warming casseroles.... think of the possibilities!

As always, please do come and share your makes on the Pretty Crafty Home Flickr group.  It's always a pleasure to see what you're up to.


S x


Comments

  1. It looks lovely - fresh, clean and new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definite improvement to the laundry basket - I hope it makes doing laundry marginally more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, really lovely. I envy you your skill - I have a little arm-chair I was recovering with the help of my sister Diana, sadly she died last year and my chair remains half covered...because I have neither the heart nor the skills to finish it. This looks so crisp clean and NEW! Brownie Points galore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new liner! Such a sweet group of Christmas fabrics! Can't wait to see what you create!! I am getting ready to start Christmas projects. Have a lovely week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am quietly excited about Christmas but as we are hosting and the new kitchen still hasn't materialised I am a little nervous!! Looking forward to the homegrown parsnips and brussel spreouts though:)

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't seem to have made much PCH headway the last couple of months, but I love that you started the ball rolling on something I hope to keep going with until I'm done, even if that's 2020!

    You on the other hand are clearly going great guns, even if it has been a quiet month! Love the patchwork on the basket :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice job up-dating your laundry basket! I love the colors and think it looks terrific! :)

    SO nice stopping by to say Hi!

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job with the laundry basket!!!
    I'm not ready for xmas, yet...!!!
    xxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new liner! It looks great! And what a lovely bunch of Christmas fabrics! Can't wait to see what you make :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new basket. The new colors are super COOL!!! A smal change, and a big difference It looks so modern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great laundry basket makeover! Looks like you had lots of fun on Halloween. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the redo of your laundry basket, a big improvement!

    ReplyDelete