Merry Baby Bibs

This is one of those times when I'm happy to let the pictures do most of the talking.  Well, actually I think it's the fabric doing the talking as it's so cute it speaks volumes all by it's self.



It's getting to that time when my lovely little niece will need some bibs.  She's not quite at the eating stage yet, but as these are intended as part of her Christmas present, it won't be too long after that when she'll want to be making a mess of them.

At the moment, she's at the drooling stage, so maybe she'll be content just getting them wet for a while.


I don't mind either way because I got most of my pleasure out of making them.

Those of you that follow Nana Co will probably find them familiar and that's no coincidence as she is my absolute heroine of sewing and her baby things are so divine and perfect that I couldn't help but try some of her clever ideas out.  (I hope you don't mind if you're reading this Amy!)


There's something else I can enjoy.  Seeing the little recipient wear them for the first time.






S x



Comments

  1. They are amazing you are so talented - thank you for the link to nanacompany I hadn't heard of the blog before, it's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're adorable! I DO wish that I could sew...I'd have a good excuse then for buying all the beautiful fabrics I see :) Me and sewing machines just don't get on very well though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bibs are gorgeous, such perfect fabrics! I love all the wedding hearts in the previous post too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are truly gorgeous Sandra and your little niece will look cute as a button wearing them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how gorgeous! My sister is due a baby girl in early January so this would make the perfect handmade present... along with the knitted blanket, cross stitch sampler, the bunting etc etc ! Verity

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric - what is it? I am sure your niece is going to love these and how pretty she will look wearing them. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are really lovely, Sandra. I have enjoyed Nana 's blog, and fancied making some bibs ages ago, but could I find any terry towelling by the yard? I was told the 'cheap shops' sell such cheap towels it's notworth the fabric shops selling it.

    So I may pick up a couple of budget bath sheets and make some, they are adorable! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so adorable and I love the cute fabrics!! I can only imagine how the little recipient will look in them! Have a lovely and crafty weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are more than darling!! :) Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sewing oozes love In every stitch. Thank you for a little "peep bo" into your life x

    ReplyDelete