From one knitter to another

 I'm happy to say I've been very productive lately (it's been a while since I've said that!) and finished objects have been flying off the needles and hook around here.

This is the oh so famous African Flower pattern, which I've adapted into a pincushion (pattern here).  It's such a great little present idea and just right for my Nan.  She's a knitter too, and one that tends to lose her yarn needle at least twice for every seam she sews!

She's the one who taught me to knit as a child and reminded my Sister and I when we started down the knitty path again as adults.  So a little case to keep her well used needles all together seemed like a good plan too.


She keeps them all in haphazard order in a basket by her chair and hopefully it'll save her rummaging around quite so much.







I hope she'll like it.


S x


Comments

  1. Lucky Nan! I've been meaning to make a hook roll for all my crochet hooks but unlike you I spend too long procrastinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift! I'm sure your Nan will love it. Handmade gifts are the best :) Elisabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful needle roll, your Nan will love it. You've got some great colourful needles too, hard to get hold of now - they're all grey :( It's nice to hear you're getting lots of projects finished, I wish I could say the same :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely and thoughtful gift - I'm sure your Nan will love it! Love the fabric you've used for the needle roll. I need to step-up my productivity what with it being so close to Christmas and all that!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful present for your Nan - she will love it!
    That little African Flower pin cushion is perfect and plump to perfection! What sweet heart decorated pins too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful gifts! She will LOVE THEM! What a thrill they will be to her heart when she opens them. I plan to teach my 5 year old granddaughter to knit and crochet. We are working on a crocheted chain now. I hope she will someday make me something with her own hands.
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  7. She'll love it, so pretty :)
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure she'll love her gifts, they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such gorgeous makes, I love your needle tidy soooooo pretty. I would love that as a gift

    ReplyDelete
  10. Handmade with love are truly the best x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely gifts. You always have wonderful blogs - really enjoy seeing your makes, Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. THat is a perfect gift so sweet. I do so love your blog, thank you for the eye candy and great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I agree: the present made by hand... is the best present. Sandra, it is really sooo cute! Jolana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous gifts Sandra, I'm sure your nan will love them.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete